Sunday, September 25, 2011

Thank Ewe & Deer Drama

Hello again! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! Mine was mellow but for me that's perfect. I've been working on thank-you cards from my birthday & thought I would share some with you....

This card was cut at 5-1/2" square. The sheep image is from the "Just Because Cards" Cricut cartridge, cut at 2-1/4" & the paper is from the Martha Stewart "Vintage Girl" stack. The ribbon is from Michael's own label & the mini pearls are from Me & My Big Ideas.

Sooo... had a little wildlife drama up here at the ranch yesterday!... 2 of my dogs, Haylee & Hugo cornered a deer in the vineyard (yes, Vinny left the gate open all day). It was obviously panicking & hit the fence hard a few times. It had Haylee pinned down on the ground with its antlers, yet somehow she doesn't have a mark on her! Talk about lucky! Hugo pretty much just pulled on its ear, lol. That little dog has a death wish I swear! Anyway, the deer finally got away & ran out the gate but he was bleeding pretty bad from his mouth from hitting the fence. We have been so worried about this poor buck out there suffering, but then Vinny saw him this morning & he was grazing & looked perfectly fine. Whew! Moral of the story: don't leave the damn vineyard gate open!

Well that's enough excitement for one weekend I think. I'll be checking back in with some more thank you cards this week.....

1 comment: