Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Baby Shower Invitations

Hello! I have taken a little break from blogging just because I've been so busy & had so many projects going on all at the same time. However, I thought I would take a few minutes & do a quick post of my major project of the moment......

My stepson & daughter-in-law are having a baby & she's due April 1st! We are having a big co-ed shower for them next month & I'm doing the invitations - 50 of them! I am the WORST mass producer ever! I normally put so much attention to detail into every card or project I make that it's very hard for me to do quick & simple, but I'm getting better at it now. Anyway, here are some pics of the invitations.... (I should mention that the baby is a boy & his name will be Fox, hence the fox on the invites)....
                      
                                 

                           

Here are the details....
The base is Bazzill cardstock in "Bitter Chocolate" cut at 5 x 7". I rounded the corners with my Fiskars corner rounder. I embossed the top & bottom, leaving the middle flat so that the blue paper would lay smoothly. I used my Cuttlebug machine & the "Seeing Spots" embossing folder. My daughter-in-law composed & printed the text on the light blue paper with her computer. I then cut them down to fit & edged the top & bottom with my Fiskars Paper Edgers scissors in the "Deckle" pattern. The fox is from the "Create-a-Critter" Cricut cartridge (size 2") & was printed & cut with my Cricut Imagine machine, then attached to the card with pop dots to give them some dimension. I added some Stickles in "Black Diamond" on each nose & a tiny bit of "Star Dust" on the tip of the tail.

Well.... I think that's it for today. I still have about 15 more to do so here I go! Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment