Thursday, February 23, 2012

Love is a Four-Legged Word

Hello there! For those of you who don't know, I change my blog's theme according to the nearest holiday, hence my new St. Patty's Day motif  :)  Anyhoo, I'm really excited because I'm entering today's card in several challenges. I have only participated in 3 challenges before so I'm kinda nervous! Isn't that silly?! I couldn't help myself because my favorite theme is pets, dogs specifically & there are so many challenges with a pet theme right now! This is really a reach for me because I'm really shy & unsure of myself in this whole crafting/blogging world. There are sooo many talented crafters out there - it's very intimidating to me for some reason. I know I shouldn't feel that way - everyone I've chatted with so far has been super nice & encouraging, so I guess it's just in my head, lol. Well, I figure the best way to overcome any fear is to jump in & give it my best! Sooo (deep breath) here I go!...

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Paper Playtime - "Say it with Sentiments", theme is pets & a sentiment

Scrappy Moms - "Terrific Tuesday Challenge", theme is "Tag - you're it!"

Die Cuttin Divas -  Favorite pet

Crafty Ribbons -  "Paws for Thought", ribbon(s) required

Cardz TV -  "A Stitch in Time", use real or faux stitching


And here is my card....

     

First of all, I was almost done with this card when I noticed the major contradiction. Can you tell what it is? Yes, I used a 2-legged half-dog to go with the "Love is a Four-legged word" sentiment. I had to laugh at myself when I realized it! I really didn't want to change it & I figured it would just give the card more character & get a few giggles. Sometimes the most obvious things just seem to slip by me!...so I'm very used to laughing at myself!

Now on to the details....The card base is Kraft cardstock cut at 5" square from the Cricut "Art Philosophy" cartridge on my Cricut Expression. The rest of this card was made using my Cricut Imagine machine. All of the papers on this card are from the "Best Friends" Imagine cartridge, as well as the dog & cat images (which are mounted using pop-dots). I am currently obsessed with making my own double-sided paper & I just love incorporating the corner folds to show it off.

The paw print punch is from EK Success & the paw/bone embossing folder I actually have no idea who made it, lol. I bought it on eBay & it didn't say who made it in the description & it came without any packaging or sleeve or anything. It's my mystery folder! The bone brad & the 3D paw print are from my stash. The paw print ribbon is by Offray. I'm usually thoroughly annoyed by those little score marks the Cricuts put on a card feature, but this time I used them to thread my ribbon through. They're still annoying but slightly less now, lol. I used Stickles in "Diamond" & "Xmas red" to add a little bling to their collars. The little tag I cut by hand. The faux stitching around the perimeter is done with a Micron05 pen in brown.

The sentiment stamp is from the Scrappy Moms Stamps set called "Raining Cats & Dogs" I love love love her stamps & this is my absolute favorite set! I stamped it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in "Walnut Stain".
                             

Phew! I think that's it! Thank you so much for stopping by & have a fabulous day!

15 comments:

  1. I love it! I also love the sentiment! Toung and cheek is my fav! I love your two legged dog! Guess what! I stalked out an Imagine on ebay and it is on it's way! now what do you recommend is a must have for carts for the imagine? email me your thoughts! apieceoflifespie@gmail.com Soooo happy i can see your pix now! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable I love the shape and your little buddies.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute. Love the dog! Thanks for joining us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a FABULOUS card. So glad you are entering challenges. You will get addicted and will search for them now. : ) Thanks for sharing at Die Cuttin' Divas this week. Hope you come back next week for the new challenge...it's a fun one.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just adorable, thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stuper cute!! I didn't even think about the dog only being 2 legged until you pointed it out - LOL You should definitely keep joining challenges, you project is adorable!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! (And thank you for your kind words - we are thrilled that you are enjoying your stamps!) :D

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card great colours. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons for our Paws For Thought challenge.Have a lovely weekend. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a totally fun card!!! Love the colors and love the sentiment. Great job...thanks for sharing. Cathie
    www.creativecutterroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute card! Love the animal print paper.
    http://auntanniecreates.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! Love the sentiment!
    Thanks for playing along with the Die Cuttin' Divas this week.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute pet card, I love it! :) Thanks for playing in paper w/ us over at Paper Playtime!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on being Showcased at Die Cuttin' Divas.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. super card, thanks for sharing with CRAFTY RIBBONS this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at those ADORABLE pets! I love this!! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis
    http://pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sentiment is just perfect for your card. I love it! Thanks for playing with us this week at Cricut Cardz Challenges at Cardz TV. Hope you come back and play with us again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete