Monday, August 27, 2012

Sympathy Card

Hello friends! I hope you are all having a wonderful week so far! Monday is over - whoo hoo!! Anyway, I am one of the featured design team members at Getting Cricky today. For my project I made this multi-fold card (at least I think that's what it's called). I only make sympathy cards when I have to, but sometimes they're just necessary. It's a sad but true part of life. I made this for a friend of ours who just lost her 108-year-old grandfather. Personally, I think making it to 108 is cause for celebration, but I realize this is still a sad time for the family. As far as sad sentiments go, I really love this one....



SIZE:  5x7" (outside card), A2 (inside card)
CRICUTExpression
CARTRIDGE:  "Elegant Edges"
PAPER:  Kraft cardstock, K & Company "Bailey" paper pad
INKCTMH Exclusive Inks "Chocolate"
OTHEROffray ribbon, Fiskars corner punch, Martha Stewart mini pearls, Scrapbook Adhesives pop dots


The lovely sentiment came from this K Andrew Designs stamp set....

Sympathetic Sayings

To order this set for yourself, click on the image above. To check out all of the stamp sets, click HERE.


Entering the following challenges:
DL.ART -  Thankful Thursday Challenge, Birthday Linky Party, anything goes
Joyful Stamper -  Inspire Me Fridays #73, anything goes
Hiding In My Craft Room -  Challenge #60, Mix It Up Saturday, "Share a Challenge" (any listed here)
Stampin' Sisters In Christ -  Challenge #154; use punches, dies or shapes; inspired by Isaiah 64:8


Thank you for stopping by today & I promise my next post will be a happier one!


-Diana :)

5 comments:

  1. Diana This is so pretty, it is so sad when we have to make these, I like to make them a head of time also, but wow I agree 108 is pretty good I have a friend who takes care of her father who is 109 right now.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Happy Birthday Linky party.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card.Colors are pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card - the papers are wonderful and the sentiment is lovely. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Diana - love your use of Dies - perfect for this weeks challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ - we appreciare your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! 108! I'm sure she lived a long and happy life. Great card! Thanks for joining us this week over at Hiding in My Craft Room!

    ~Laurie
    www.hidinginmycraftroom.com

    ReplyDelete