Monday, March 19, 2012

Hello Foxy!

Hi there! Well... it's day 3 of being a grandma & I'm still diggin it! (see my previous post for details & pics). He's still at the hospital but hopefully coming home tonight or tomorrow. I can't wait!

I made this banner for him & hung it in their hospital room. They loved it! In case you didn't read my last post, my new grandson's name is Fox.

I forgot to take pics of it at home in better lighting & the lighting in the hospital room wasn't as bright as I would have liked it to be, so I apologize that these pics are a bit dark....








This banner was actually pretty quick to make. I used my Cricut Imagine for the whole thing. The onesies were cut from one of the pre-loaded images on the Imagine. I cut all 3 of them at 9" each. For the lettering, patterns & color pallette I used the "Country Carnival" cartridge. The letters were all cut at 5" (relative size). I broke them down into layers & only used the top 2 layers & omitted the shadow layer. I changed some of the color schemes for the layers & left some of them as is. I outlined all the letter edges with a black Sharpie pen & I inked the onesie edges with some Hero Arts black ink. I punched 2 holes in the top of each onesie using a Fiskars 1/8" hole punch. The twine is "Charcoal" from The Twinery.

The stamped sentiments on each onesie are from 3 different designers. The "Hello Foxy" sentiment is from My Pink Stamper's "Punny-licious" stamp set. To order this set or any of her stamps go HERE to choose from her many retailers. The "Welcome to the World" sentiment is from a Fiskars stamp set called "Baby". The "Adorable" & "Little Boy" sentiments are from the Scrappy Moms Stamps set called "Special Delivery". To check out this stamp set, her other stamp sets & a variety of other products go HERE & purchase directly from her site.

I wasn't planning on entering this in any challenges but I just discovered it would fit with a few of them, so....

I'm entering this in the following challenges:

My Craft Spot -  Monday Challenge #48, "Manly Man Cards" (or other projects) 

Die Cuttin Divas -  Challenge #56, use colors green, yellow, black & white

Paper Playtime -  Say It With Sentiments Challenge #70, "For The Guys"

EAD Designs -  March Color Challenge #22, use colors shown on their post

 
Thanks so much for visiting me today!

5 comments:

  1. What a LOVELY banner! And GREAT idea! I'm sure all the visitors were delighted to see it...Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Marlene
    My Craft Spot DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the birth of your new grandson! What a fun banner. Those letters are fantastic!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable banner! congrats!!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us over at E.A.D Designs and good luck on the March Color Challenge!
    Hope to see you back again for another challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. firstly good luck! secondly, go check out this link.. you have been nominated by yours truly! Hugs! http://apieceoflifespie.wordpress.com/2012/03/21/a-little-dancing-pizza/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new label of "Grandma". I am sure you are enjoying him. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime. This banner is adorable.

    ReplyDelete