Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ring Around The Rosie....

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful week. Ever since the hubs & I retired from our business all the days are pretty wonderful around here! We are very very blessed....

Today's card was inspired by a card that my best blogging buddy made recently. I have had these little pink rose embellishments for over a year & always wanted to use them but could never think of a good way to use them. That is, until I saw Arin's card! To see her original post click HERE. Thanks for the inspiration my friend! And congrats on being "showcased" in the latest Die Cuttin' Diva's weekly challenge!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

DL. Art -  Thankful Thursday Challenge, "anything goes"

Paper Playtime -  Delicious Die Cuts Challenge #69, "For the Girls" (use flowers)

ABC DT Challenge Blog -  "Springtime" theme





The base of the card is Coredinations white cardstock, cut with my Cricut Expression machine, using the "Art Philosophy" cartridge (pg. 42 - card feature). For the rest of the card I used my Cricut Imagine. All of the solid & patterned papers are from the "Lori's Garden" cartridge. The 2 background ovals are the coordinating layers from the same AP image on page 42 (base & tag layers). The rose bush image is from the "Freshly Picked" cartridge, cut at 4.3" The green bush part is embossed with the "D'Vine Swirls" Cuttlebug folder & inked with VersaColor ink in "Umber". All the inked edges on this card were done with this same ink.

The white satin ribbon is from Offray & the pink bow, pink fabric roses & pink pearls are all from my stash. The pink roses came with some green ribbon loops attached to represent the leaves but I didn't like the way they looked on this particular project so I removed them. I then used some dark pink Smooch to darken the crevices of the roses to give them more dimension. I finished them off with some Smooch "Pearlized Top Coat" for a little sparkle. I also used some Stickles in "Cotton Candy" on the ribbon cut-out under the bow.

The "love" sentiment is from My Pink Stamper's "Itty Bitty-licious" stamp set. To order this set or any of her other sets click HERE to choose from her retailers. This is currently my favorite MPS set!

Well, I think that's it for me today! Thanks so much for stopping by!....

6 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty Diana. I love the colors it is so sweet and feminine. Everything about it is so happy. Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, this card is amazing and thanks for the kudos, but this card is all you! I love it. It is soooo sweet and charming. I also love how you used the imagine. I can't wait to get through the party this weekend so I can start playing with it. I got a ton of carts in this week. Good luck on your challenges... this one is surly a winner! Your bestie blog buddy (BBB :-) - Piehole :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE this card! Your colors and patterns are so pretty and your attention to detail is wonderful. This is a perfect card for the ABC DT challenge; thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. simply stunning little card you have here.. love all the little details.. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Diana!! Love the colors and all the great detail. Thanks so much for playing along with the ABC DT challenge this month!!
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete